Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baking dreams #1

So over the last few weeks OK months I have been trying to bake new stuff.   Well lets say some were better than others.  I got these two recipes out of the cooking club magazine and now I can not find the magazine to tell you what they were called.  I hope you can find them by the pictures cause they were good.
                                                                                           This one was a white marshmallow crust whit whipped cream filling Topped with strawberries. 
it was so good but the crust took three times to make and it did not turn out like the picture at all.  Sometimes you have to try over and over to get it right.  I gave up at three and it still was not right.  We did eat everything I made but some were better than others.  In case you did not get the memo I made the one to the left but I bet the right one tastes better. LOL



So the above picture is the one I made and to the right is the picture in the book.  It is a 4 layer strawberry filled cake.  They did white frosting and I did Chocolate because I could not get the white frosting thick enough to stay on  the cake.  Surprisingly I only had to do the cake part once.  It was so good between every layer is a layer of strawberries and the middle layer is whipped cream and strawberries. 
I had a lot of fun making both of these and if I could find the recipes I would share them.  I got them out of the cooking club magazine and love to try there stuff.  My stuff might not look like the picture but they sure do taste good.  Well that's it for today.  Hope your day is filled with the joys of life.

1 comment: