Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Got to love a snow day

So here it is the 17th of January and it finally snowed yesterday for the first time this winter.  As most of you know i have 3 kids and a phone i should turn off at night.  So the first night it snowed i went to sleep at 1am.  I was awakened at 2am when my brother called from the bar.  He had decided that waking my kids up and taking them sledding was a good idea.  I was not going to let that happen.  So after i convinced him to not come over at that time and to come over later I went back to bed.  The next day I woke and my brother and his girlfriend came over and we all went sledding.  now having kids i am used to doing kid stuff.  So i thought that we would have fun sledding. yeah right,  well it was fun at the time.  So we get to the hill we are going to sled down.  The kids jump on the sled and down the hill they go. So after them and my brother had went a couple time, it was my turn.  I put the sled down and lay'ed on my tummy and off i went.  well it was fun but at the end of the hill, well the part i went down.  there was a mud pit.  so i get to the bottom covered in mud and realize i cant get back up the hill.  the kids came down to help or so i thought. They grabbed the sled and up the hill they went,  leaving me to figure it out.  so i walked around and thought that i had found a way up.  it was a way smaller hill and the slope was smaller to so i started up.  i got about half way and my left foot slipped.  as i fell face first in the snow, i lay'ed there for a few seconds.  then i got up and was relieved that no one saw me fall.  so i made it once so i did it a few more times.  i was already covered in mud and fell face first.  what else could go wrong.  so we all took one last run down the hill and my daughter and youngest son and myself all sat on the sled and tried to go down the hill together.  we started and then i found out with 3 people on the sled, that not all of them make it down the hill.  we got about half way down the hill and i fell off.  as i stated earlier i could not make it up the hill walking and now i was stuck half way up it. i could try sledding own with no sled or i could attempt to walk up. well i try'ed to stand up to go up the hill and i could not seem to get off my knees.  shocker right, that's what i thought too.  so i crawled up the hill on all fours.  i am sure all of the people enjoyed watching a 30 year old crawling like a baby.  so we all got done and started to go home. i wish i would have had some hot coco but coffee will do i guess.  Well we spent the rest of the day just relaxing in the warm house.  So i went to bed that night and got woke up at 5am when the school sent me a text telling me the school was closed.  So i turned the alarms off and went back to bed.  i finally got out of bed at 9am and got my coffee.  i used the bathroom to realize that i had a bruise on my left leg.  i though well it was a good day so one bruise is worth it.  Then i coughed and realized my ribs hurt every time i coughed or touched them.  it was still worth it, i love playing with the kids and i assume they have fun playing with me.  thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment