Monday, January 9, 2012

Sick of being sick

So about 2 -3 weeks ago my youngest child started to cough.  I thought well it is getting colder maybe he has a little bug.  I gave him medication and lots of rest and within a week he was fine.  Little did I know that my neighbor had something along with her son.  Normal people when they or a member of there family are sick. They keep them at home.  Well she and her son were sick and she decided that she could heal better if I had her kid.  Since I have 3 kids of my own and it was about to be winter brake, her son spent a lot of time with us.  I am sure you have figured out that with one sick kid there would soon be more.  She started to feel better or her kid went to his other family's for Christmas brake. 




 I just know he was not here.  yea me so I thought,  Soon one of my kids was sick.  My oldest son was running a temp and water falling everywhere.  So I gave him some medication, told him to drink alot of clear fluids, and put him on the couch.  Thinking the couch would be better so my youngest would not get sick again too.  I was wrong not only did my youngest get sick, but so did my daughter and myself. As me and two of the kids were still well enough to function my oldest was not getting better at all.  Here it was the day before school started and we had to take my oldest to the emergency room.  What fun that is for an 11 year old.  One thing you should know about our hospital is they have one TV and it is in the waiting room.  So they did a chest x-ray and we sat in the back playing this poker toilet toy I had in my purse.  When the doctor finally saw us he said that my son had pneumonia and they started an IV.  Thats not something an 11 year old wants.  After they took blood, they gave him a cocktail of Tylenol, antibiotics,and a steroid shot for giggles I guess.  Then the blood test came back and the doctor released him. The doctor told me he needed to see his regular doctor in 2 days.  Well since all the kids were sick I made them all appointments.  We went to the doctor on day 3 of school being back.  The doctor checked all the kids and said that they were fine to go to school and while they were there why don't we give them their flu shots.  I was like yes I get a brake.  One again I was wrong. I got up the next morning and sent the 2 youngest to school because they go before my oldest.  Then as my oldest was about to leave and I was about to get my nice and peaceful day.  The phone rang and guess who it was.  It was the elementary school my daughter had puked and I had to go and get her.  When I got there they asked my youngest son if he wanted to go home and he did,cause lets face it what 2nd grader wants to stay at school when they are given a choice.  So day 4 and I had 2 kids home from school.  So the next day was Friday and of course my daughter was still sick. By this time I was the worst in the house, but as a mom you don't get a day off cause your sick.  The weekend was here and all my kids were feeling good and I  was happy.  That meant they were all going to school and I could rest and try to get a little better.  I can't be that lucky can I???   It was Sunday and we were all moving me slow but still moving.  I asked my daughter how she felt and she gave me the thumbs up. YIPPEE I thought to myself.  Then she did something I was not expecting.  Lets just say that I was cleaning the living room floor of cereal chunks.  CCCRRRAAAPPPP.   One more day home.  Well tomorrow is Tuesday and I am done with sickies.  Cross your fingers all the kids are in school or I am running and checking myself into the hospital to get a brake and maybe some good sleep. If that possible at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment