Thursday, January 26, 2012

Smoking part 1

So This will be my last blog as a smoker.  Tomorrow I am starting my new life as a non smoker.  I have been saying that I was going to quit many times and failed many time.  I am now ready to really smell life, taste all food, and enjoy not coughing as much.  My future husband does not smoke and like his mom said I need to quit so he wont die.  Okay maybe not like that but it was close. So I am kinda happy and kinda not at the same time.  I really wish I had more of a support system in place before hand but I am strong willed and can do it.  I have a support coach to help and have made a list of reasons I want to quit.  I also have a ton of suckers and lots of stuff to do with my hands.  I am currently in the middle of croqueting a blanket.  So I will get allot of work done on that. Plus I like to bake and cook so I have that to.  I am starting with patches and stepping down. They go from the 21mg patch for 4 weeks, then the 14mg patch for 2 weeks, and then the 7 mg patch for 2 weeks.  I am looking forward to the benefits of not smoking.  Like pain medication will work better, I wont smell like an ash tray, and my future husband will love kissing me again.  They say the first week is the hardest. I hope that is true cause I have plenty to do in the next week to keep my mind off having a smoke.  I purposely did not do the house work today just so I would have more to do tomorrow.  Have any of you quit smoking?  2 of my kids have already opted out of being here tomorrow.  Which just leaves me with my daughter and my oldest son said she can go with me mom.  I was like NO, that's what I want my 10 year old daughter hanging out with hoodlums boys. So she will be the one helping me cope with it after school.  I have faith in myself that this will be a piece of cake.  So I calculated it up right now I smoke a pack a day.  At $8.00 a pack about, I will save $2,920.00 a year.  That is a nice vacation or a good moving fund.  Anyways this is short and sweet, but I got to go get ready for my man to be online. Lots of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment